The SG Eco Fund is open to the following applicants:
Individuals: Must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident, above 18 years old, and residing in Singapore;
Groups of Individuals: All individuals must be above 18 years old and residing in Singapore, and the group must have at least one Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
Organisations: Singapore-registered organisations, including companies, charities, government and non-government organisations.
- Improve the environment or advance environmental sustainability in Singapore;
- Engage and/or involve the community;
- Not have commenced;
- Not have obtained funding from other government sources.
Projects should address at least one area of environmental sustainability, including
but not limited to the following: climate change; energy; waste; water; food; nature
and biodiversity; environmental pollution; or environmental public health.
The SG Eco Fund works on a co-funding basis. If the application is approved, the applicant may receive funding of up to 80% of the supportable cost items, subject to a maximum of S$1 million. Funding will be provided for no more than three years from the date of the Letter of Award.
The SG Eco Fund supports these cost items:
- Professional services (e.g. events management, workshop facilitation, behavioural study, audit, etc);
- Venue rental;
- Educational materials (e.g. brochures, publications, books, etc);
- Marketing and publicity (e.g. production of posters, EDMs, photography, etc);
- Logistics and transportation;
- Equipment and tools necessary for project implementation.
The SG Eco Fund does not support these cost items:
- Food and beverage;
- Gifts and prizes (e.g. tokens of appreciation, cash prizes, vouchers, trophies, medals, etc);
- Honorarium or speaker’s fees;
- All overseas or foreign visitor’s expenses and fees (e.g. air ticket, accommodation, etc);
- Media space rental (e.g. newspaper, TV, radio, MRT and bus advertisements, etc);
- Goods and Services Tax (GST).